Caramel proudly serving local councils in regional South Australia
Caramel has been providing managed IT services and leadership to remote and regional councils for the past 14 years. Along the way we have developed unique insight into the challenges local councils face:
- Serving rate-payer populations dispersed over large areas.
- Financial challenges of doing more with less.
- The drive to attract new industry and business.
- The drive to develop local centres of excellence in health, aged care & education.
- The opportunity technology affords to deliver on the Council's strategic objectives.
How we can help
Caramel has developed a significant partnership with IT Vision where we are sitting on the user group for SynergySoft & Altus. As such we are adept in their method of operation and provide IT support to many councils that utilise IT Vision software.
Typical work we do for local Councils includes
- Application helpdesk support.
- Deployment support.
- Managing 3rd party vendors.
- Solution design.
- Network design & implementation across remote and multi-site environments.
Some previous projects for Councils
We have also devised some interesting technology solutions for Councils including:
- Local public wi-fi for Port Pirie that supports their tourism and Smart Cities community goals. It has also improved the connectivity between multiple council sites and is now in the middle of a multi-year roll-out to deliver even broader geographic coverage.
- Complete infrastructure refresh for Mid Murray including re-purposing the old server hardware for their Disaster Recovery program. The production environment is replicated to the older hardware located off-site providing council complete organisation back-up in the event of an emergency, reducing service downtime to minutes rather than days.
- Successfully implemented the new one-touch Payroll software on the cloud-based Altus platform for all our councils so that they could meet their ATO mandated obligations on-time.